Big, Bold American Design is Back
January 14, 2015
Sure, small and subtle has its advantages, but sometimes big and bold wins the day.
To mark the 60th anniversary of the Chrysler 300 nameplate, the Chrysler brand is launching a revamped version of the iconic Chrysler 300 for the 2015 model year. With interior styling and performance features that rival competition in higher price tiers, as well as exterior updates reminiscent of the landmark designs of 300 models past, the new 2015 Chrysler 300 sedan is as big, bold and beautiful as they come.
The vehicle features world-class quality and craftsmanship, best-in-class 31 mpg highway fuel economy, plus class-exclusive innovations including a state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission now standard on every model and the segment’s most advanced all-wheel-drive system.
The new 300 also includes award-winning Uconnect® Access services, all-new and segment-exclusive 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) and the newest generation Uconnect systems that are putting boulevards and interstates on notice again.
The 2015 Chrysler 300 proudly makes the following segment claims (upper large car segmentation):
New Chrysler 300C Platinum model features quilted Nappa leather, plus platinum-chrome exterior details and 20-inch wheels – all at an attainable value.
America has done a lot over the last 238 years, from creating Mount Rushmore to putting a man on the moon. With so much to be proud of, it's time this country drove a car that shows it: Drive Proud.
Chrysler 300S model features large 20-inch Hyper Black finish wheels, more athletically sculpted side sills, plus Sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities now as quick as 250 milliseconds.
Watch the Chrysler brand reveal of the 2015 Chrysler 300 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Confident looks, expressive materials and world-class execution make the new 2015 Chrysler 300 stand apart from the competition.
Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, now standard on every model, balances V-8 performance with segment-leading 31 mpg highway fuel efficiency.
The New 2015 Chrysler 300C Platinum model features platinum-chrome exterior details and 20-inch wheels.
Production for the new 2015 Chrysler 300 sedan begins in the fourth quarter of 2014 at the Brampton (Ontario) Assembly Plant in Canada.
- Best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy
- Best-in-class V-6 driving range
- Best-in-class V-8 driving range (EPA estimated 16 mpg city/25 mpg highway)
- Best-in-class V-8 horsepower (363 horsepower)
- Best-in-class V-8 torque (394 ft.-lb.)
- Best-in-class interior volume
- Best-in-class rear seat volume
- Unsurpassed V-6 combined fuel economy
- Most technologically advanced vehicle in its class
- Most technologically advanced (AWD) system in its class
- Class-exclusive front axle disconnect with active transfer case
- Most luxurious vehicle in its class (Chrysler 300C)
- Segment’s largest touchscreen display
- Segment’s largest dual-pane sunroof available
- Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission *Chrysler 300 is the only vehicle in segment to offer V-6 or V-8 engine with a standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- Class-exclusive available illuminated dual heated and cooled cup holders
- Class-exclusive electronic rotary transmission shifter
Exterior: Bold American design
At the front of the new 2015 Chrysler 300, a redesigned fascia features a more sculptured surface, taller more prominent grille with a unique dimensional texture and chrome grille surround. The grille contains the Chrysler wing badge, which appears to float within the dramatic grille texture and highlights the new “face of Chrysler.”
From the side, unmistakably strong, yet subtly executed shoulder lines pay homage to the Chrysler 300 series design heritage and define the correlation between front and rear wheel arches.
Finishing the new Chrysler 300 sedan’s powerful rear stance is a new sculpted LED taillamp with an illuminated halo, providing a unique signature appearance. Lastly, a pair of elegantly drawn, polished exhaust tips are placed in the corners to give the Chrysler 300 an upscale athletic appearance.
An interior wrapped in American style
Inside the new 2015 Chrysler 300 passengers will be immersed in a sophisticated blend of hand-sculpted fluid shapes, high-quality and innovative material choices inspired by American cities, precision craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology and thoughtful, clever features.
When designing the new 2015 Chrysler 300, the team incorporated unique design elements and utilized authentic materials to create an interior identity that is comfortable yet beautiful – and one that could only be born in Detroit.
All-new interior design elements for the new 2015 Chrysler 300 include a standard 7-inch full-color DID cluster and class-exclusive electronic rotary transmission shifter, plus Chrysler brand’s new three-spoke steering wheel with larger vehicle controls and available die-cast paddle shifters. In addition, the newest Uconnect systems have been added with the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen display.
Most technologically advanced vehicle in its class
From its updated award-winning Uconnect Access system, to the availability of Uconnect Access services with roadside assistance, theft-alarm notification, voice texting, the ability to turn the vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot, 3-D navigation and segment-exclusive premium BeatsAudio and Harman Kardon audio systems, the 2015 Chrysler 300 delivers a slew of high-tech features for a luxurious driving experience at a value.
With its available mobile phone app, Chrysler 300 owners can start their vehicle, and lock or unlock doors, while away from the vehicle. Chrysler 300 owners also can access on-demand Wi-Fi, making their car a moving hotspot.
More than 80 safety and security features
In addition to building on its “Top Safety Pick” credentials from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the Chrysler 300 offers more than 80 available safety and security features, including new for 2015 Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Full Stop, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist and 9-1-1 call/Assist Call.
The chassis of the all-new 2015 Chrysler 300 is designed, engineered and fine-tuned to deliver world-class performance and efficiencies, thanks to its advanced technological solutions, which include:
- Electric power steering (EPS): New standard EPS system provides added efficiency, added driving ease in low-speed situations and when parking, and tuned for added responsiveness during spirited driving.
- All-new, lighter weight axles for RWD and AWD: All-new cast-aluminum axles and axle housing provide weight savings and help to reduce parasitic friction.
- Sport mode (Included on 300S, 300C with V-8 and 300C Platinum models): Enthusiast-desired Sport mode instantly transforms the sedan’s performance and personality, the “Sport” button enables sport-tuned steering; pedal, engine and transmission calibration; plus rear-biased torque on AWD models for more dynamic handling.
Available in dealer showrooms now, the all-new 2015 Chrysler 300 will be available in four different models in the United States. Customers can choose from the 2015 300 Limited model, 300S model, 300C model and premium 300C Platinum. Schedule a test drive at your local Chrysler dealer today.